Jimpuro° 3°ň
579 No. 9 AT KANAGAWA
[ID] 2742°°°°( ID:2742 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Yokohama
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 265x203
[Cabinet] 55-15-0
[Keyword] prostitute
  Photographs of the same title

Jimpuro brothel was opened in Takashima-cho in 1872 and relocated to Magane-cho and Eiraku-cho in 1885. After that, a branch was opened for foreigners in the pleasure quarter of Kanagawa Nanaken-machi. The brothel, which remained in business until the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, was famous for its huge size and in-house electric generator.